Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2013

Blind Cow in Zurich


Who has not played the game when he was little? A cloth tied around so that you re not able to see nothing and then walking around guided by a friend. How it is to be blind? Once I did not see I was totally awkward and clumsy. So what I wanted to experience again and I have it!

Months ago, I booked a table at the Blind Cow in Zurich, a restaurant in which we are led by blind or visually impaired people to his table because the room has no light. Wow sounds exciting, and that's it. The reception area is illuminated that you can choose the menu. I noticed my menu because is ordered in the dark. Bags, mobile phones and watches were locked in that the room is completely dark.

Before the black curtain opened we waited nervously for our waitress Elizabeth. When she came to pick us up we arrived in a dark room and then we went in goose step into the restaurant. It was completely dark! You can’t see anything at all. Elisabeth led us to our table and reliably recorded the order. We sat there listened to the chatter in the restaurant. It seemed a lot louder than usual in a restaurants but I think that's because you are otherwise able to focus better, so we were delivered almost helpless to the noise. As our drinks arrived I was thinking: don’t splash it all over you face Sara!

The next challenge came immediately with the starters. Oh god how many times I had an empty fork in my mouth. And as no one could see what you are doing I have nimble fingers scanned the plates to see if there is some hidden salad otherwise had no chance. The main course smelled sooo tempting but cut meat without seeing anything? Challenge accepted!  Clever as I am now time * cough * I just speared the whole piece of meat and eat it slowly. It was absolutely Yum!

Fazid:
Blind people can’t see in the dark even if it seems like that

Prepare topics for your conversation

Styling isn’t important, nobody can see you!

Trust your waitress, she knows it best

At this point I would like to thank Elizabeth for the great evening.  She has probably the sweetest voice I've heard in a while!

Kisses from Saralicious

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 
Saralicousenglishworld © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects